View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #19
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
@gbm -- How many people have to have previously said that calibre will truncate filenames all on its own before you will be convinced?

You have come late to the game, in order to say something factually incorrect!!

I will venture a random guess that the OP is intelligent enough to notice if the metadata in calibre's GUI is totally messed up.
NO, not all file names are truncated, I just checked some. But I DO NOT CARE what the file name in caliber is.
Code:
/home/XXXXXXX/Calibre Library/A. Bertram Chandler/Gateway to Never (3603)/Gateway to Never - A. Bertram Chandler.epub
Calibre will only truncated names that are over the limit of IIRC 250 characters.
Code:
/home/XXXXXXX/Calibre Library/S. M. Stirling, Harry Turtledove, Jody Lynn Nye, John Ringo/Exiled_ Clan of the Claw, Book One (1837)/Exiled_ Clan of the Claw, Book One - S. M. Stirling, Harry Turtledove, Jody Lyn.epub
Quote:
Fix the meta data in calibre then export it using save to disk or folder.
The calibre library name will be based on whatever meta data calibre reads when the ebook is imported. Garbage in garbage out.

The MATA DATA in the original ebook file is what is messed up. Read the manual.
I said:
Quote:
Fix the meta data in calibre then export it using save to disk or folder.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote