View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 02:13 AM   #789
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Free-Steven Raichlen's 10 Ways to Cook the Perfect Steak

If you haven't already subscribed to Workman's Blue Plate Special's newsletter, you can do so and get a free ebook cookbook every month (http://www.workman.com/ecookbook-club/deals/).

Folks, don't be put off by the insipid-sounding phrase "blue plate special" in the name of this website--they've given away some quality cookbooks with good-sounding recipes by well-rated authors.

This month's freebie is written by the man that Esquire magazine called America's "master griller," Steven Raichlen. It's 10 Ways to Cook the Perfect Steak. I got the book and, while I haven't tried out any recipes (my budget for steak, for now, is blown from purchasing ebook bargains), I have looked through it and it looks to have some really great recipes. Now if someone would cook up one of the recipes and send the results to me, I would be happy to update this post with information about how good the recipes are.(ha)

Also, near the beginning of the book, Raichlen has provided what look to be some really great information about the different cuts of steak and some really great tips for cooking them.

In case you're interested, the website also gives information about several other of Steve Raichlen's ebooks which are marked down this month, and available from any one of several different vendors.

Is there a "catch," other than having to subscribe to Workman's's [intentional spelling] newsletter (which is not a bad thing unless you just hate promo email)? Just one. The book appears to be available in just one format--that used by BookShout.com, which in my opinion leaves some things to be desired. But, hey, the ebook's free! And I learned from my father while growing up, a person shouldn't "look a gift horse in the mouth." Now, get out of your mind that you just read about "horse" and "cookbook" in the same message.(ha)

Bon appetit!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-16-2014 at 02:16 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote