View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #37
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Looks like I'm going to have to exchange mine. I have greenish diagonal mottling.

This will be the first time I've ever had to exchange a Kindle and I've had them all since K1 (except for the K4).
Mine has that same annoying diagonal dark spot pattern. A row of 4 spots at the bottom that many people mentioned, plus a second row of 3 spots above and between them, plus a barely visible 3rd row of spots between them.

At darker settings they are less noticeable. But I still prefer it a lot over an external light source build into or a cover.

My only real complaint about the dark zones along the bottom edge are that they place the reading location and percentage in the outer two dark zones where they are hard to read at low light levels in a darkened room. A firmware update (or hack) could move those fields slightly inward along the bottom, into the nearby bright zones, compensating for the minor hardware annoyance with software.

I do not plan to replace it, because as it is, it is still my best night reading device, and I suspect that this problem will be found to some extent in a replacement Paperwhite anyway, so why bother.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-05-2012 at 10:45 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote