View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #32
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
I'm just starting to play with my A500 and if device is very good and fast (faster than my iPad 1), and has a lot of better font rendering, and multi-task works better than in iOS, available apps are very crappy. For PDF, I've tested ezPDF and RepliGo, and both lacks a lot of functionality and speed compared with iAnnotatePDF and GoodReader. Same PDF in iPAD works sightly faster than in my A500. I do not know if it is because the underlining layer is Java (and Java is very SLOW), or because the programs aren't optimized.

For ebooks I'm testing FBRreader and CoolReader (and some others with less functionality than these). In landscape text is a lot of wider, in portrait too. CoolReader has two column mode, but even they are wider than desirable...

And a lot of appls crashes, even Kindle app.
Very disappointing. Maybe I should just stick with my rooted NOOKcolor until later this year. I want a large screen tablet primarily for reading, which is the way I use my NOOKcolor. If I can't use my favorite reading apps, then at this stage it doesn't make sense to move forward. Second and third on my list of uses are web browsing and audio/video podcasts. Why do we have to sit on the sidelines and continue to watch folks enjoy their iPads.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote