View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #51
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Is there a way to configure my K3 so that:
  • ssh support over wifi
    This seems possible but looks to require a change to the firewall rules.
  • ssh password login required
    This looks to require a new sshd that requires a password. I haven't came across this yet.
  • usb port can be left as mass storage while ssh for wifi is enabled
    Not sure if this is possible.

My ideal situation is to be able to sftp files to and from from the kindle just by turning wifi on. I suppose if I have the kindle connected over usb and mounted, certain directories would no longer be accessible over wifi until I unmount.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote