View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
www.tor.com are giving away two more ebooks to people who join their (rather good IMHO) sf & fantasy blogging site. They are:

The War of the Oaks by Emma Bull, and
Dogland by Will Shetterly.

Critics of Tor will be pleased to hear that neither is first in a series, and the first is actually out of print. Don't know about Dogland, but I thoroughly enjoyed The War of the Oaks when it came out, and so was really pleased to see it as an ebook.
I am delighted. _War for the Oaks_ is a minor classic I have loved since it was released. I told Emma at a con I had to love a book that began with a band at a club playing a Richard Thompson tune, and we digressed into an hour long discussion of obscure bands we loved. I think I made it clear I loved the book, too. (Emma is musician as well as writer, and formely part of a band called Cats Laughing that included Steven Brust on drums.)

And _Dogtown_ has been a hard to find item for years, and is equally worth the read.

These are just wonderful. Sign up at Tor.com and grab them. If you like urban fantasy, you'll love them. If you don't like urban fantasy, they may just change your mind.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote