View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #57
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
The how you rate question is interesting, there does appear to be a section of people that give 5 star ratings very freely, whereas to me giving a book 3 stars doesn't mean it wasn't very good but that it was ok. My 5 star books have to be very, very good. I may be wrong but don't the star ratings when leaving a review on Amazon suggest 3 - OK, 4 - enjoyed it, 5 - loved it, or something like that?

The average review rating means little to me anyway, I tend to look at how many there are of each rating, so if there are 20 5* reviews and 2 or 3 of all the rest it's good, but if there are 15 5* reviews and another 10 1* or 2* then I'll give it a miss. And when reading the reviews, I tend to ignore the 5* & 1* reviews. So DrNefario, your reviews are pretty wasted on me :-)

That's why its just a rough guide, everyone writes and reads the reviews in their own way. Don't they?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote