View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #659
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrizzo View Post
Not fully successful though. Reflash works reliably (which is good) but the device is not back to life and without a serial cable it is hard to tell what is happening (something _is_ happening because power drain varies over time -- tens of seconds -- perhaps because the device is trying to reboot or something).
Now that you mention the Amazon-approved battery, it might well be that
the system refuses to run because it is not detecting a good battery,
but to fix this i need some more work -- my LiIon battery now is very low
(down to 2.69, it even shut off at some point). If i let it charging, the light
stays on only for some 30 minutes, then goes off and apparently the
battery restarts discharging. This makes the charging process very
tedious, as i need to monitor what goes on and periodically disconnect
and reconnect the cable.
Maybe our "charge for 3 days" advice is part of the problem here. Maybe all those reports of cannot initalize flash in ATK were because the Kindle didnt have enough power to run the RAM Kernel.....

When mine was bricked it did the same thing..... Maybe it wasn't actually permabricked... just had a really dead battery...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote