View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
Hi,
Recently I downloaded an eBook called J.E.T. by Roy Powers.

When I went to start reading it I noticed that the Book Cover / Book Art was just the book title and the author underneath at the top of a blank page.

I thought at first this was the book cover but now I think my Touch is just displaying the 1st page of the eBook because the book cover is actual missing !

Unfortunately it has DRM attached, and although I've managed to replace the ADE thumbnail image with the proper JET book cover it won't show this on the Touch (I tried deleting it on the Touch and then drag & drop on ADE again without success).

Also I contacted the retailer and they appeared to be saying that it's quite usual for the publisher not to include the "Book Art" in the ePub file !!!??

Sounds like a cop-out to me, has anyone else had an eBook with no cover in the ePub file ?
Yes, happens regularly... Sometimes instead of a blank page it's a page with a pattern. That's one of the reasons why I use Calibre to fix mine, I like to see a real cover...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote