View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #66
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
My 5 cents.

To the best of my knowledge, the BOOX M92 device from ArtaTech (i.e. www.onyx-boox.com a.k.a. "Onyx Europe") contains exactly the same hardware as the "plain vanilla" one (delivered by another European distributors, which have already been mentioned in this thread).
However, from ArtaTech, you will just get the device (with a stylus) and a USB cable. No power supply, no cover (note: you can buy a cover from ArtaTech, but it costs about 30 or 40 Euro).
The warranty time is 1 year.
The worst thing, however, is that you will have BIG problems as soon as you try to "update" the firmware of this device -> their firmware is really "outdated" and they do not allow you to install the well maintained Booxtor's one.

ArtaTech claims that they supply additional "unique" features:
1. the "IVONA EMBEDDED" Text-to-Speech engine -> what they do not say is that the only available language is Polish (just a single woman's voice called "Agnieszka" -> I've read somewhere that you may possibly buy additional voices and languages from the original company www.ivona.com but every single additional voice will cost you about 35 Euro),
2. a "Cloud Service" -> suports "GoogleDrive" and "Storino" services only,
3. a "RSS Reader",
4. a "Bookstore" -> see booxsource.com for available books (site available in Polish only, books in Polish only?).

Note: the size of the BOOX M92 is very similar to the size of the Apple iPad 2, so many covers designed for the latter device fit the first one.

An additional advice: remember to buy the "black" version, not the "white" one (the reading comfort depends on the colour of the box).

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 11-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote