View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #26
Myrddhin
Myrddhin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
You are using Windows, screenreader? If yes, try Manga2Ebook - if you're using Linux, you could try my Bash script which depends on the GIMP, ImageMagick and libtiff (the scm file goes into GIMP's script folder and the gpl file into GIMP's palette folder).
I didn't try Manga2Ebook, but my script produces good PDF's which work great with the Cybook. Page turning is sometimes a bit slow, but that's the only problem I noticed.
Thanks, that linux script works amazingly well. Didn't notice any slower loading compared to using images individually.

One thing I noticed, though, is that the images aren't centered on the screen, but aligned to the left border, which feels kinda weird, and doesn't work so well with the carrying case, since at least my particular one obscures the left and upper part of the screen somewhat.

This isn't a dealbreaker, though, but until that firmware update comes along, it'd be awesome if the script could be modified to fix this (unfortunately I have no idea how, I'm really new with linux, you see. Actually dug out the ubuntu 7.10 cd I had lying around, only used it for testing so far, but this gave me a reason to keep linux as a permanent addition on my computer)
Myrddhin is offline   Reply With Quote