View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #30
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
The last court ruling of which I'm aware has held that the "First Sale Doctrine" does NOT apply to "software" and that when you buy software you are only buying a license. The link I provided below is to the appeal of the famous Autodesk ruling that said the "First Sale Doctrine" did apply. The original ruling happened back in 2008 and the latest ruling was about 4 months ago.

As far as I know there has been no ruling specifially applied to ebooks, but IMHO the "software" ruling will apply to ebooks as well.

I'm not saying I agree with this ruling. I'm just saying what the lastest ruling was.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote