View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 07:38 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by miz sue View Post
Hi Hitch,

Thanks for your feedback. I totally forgot about the night-mode feature! I'll make sure any future links are left alone. As I mentioned to NotJohn, the publisher plans to redo this book because it was created in a very unmanageable fashion.
Cookbooks are very difficult to do well, if the source material is heavily-laden with spreads. Tables are required for the recipe content (lists of ingredients/amounts) and lists are needed for steps. If you have images that illustrate the steps, it gets ever-worse. I've had an inquiry from someone who created a cookbook, using (gods help us all) the ubiquitous iAuthor, which of course put out a perfectly lovely cookbook that was worthless on anything other than an iPad. I made several samples of what could be done for real e-readers, but...visual folks can't switch over to the realities of actual e-reading devices, in my experience. It's never fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
First problem is Dreamweaver. It has to go. Use Calibre or Sigil.
Agreed, That's courting disaster.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote