View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've been looking at playing with the CCFL type light used there, and it seems to be a real power hog.

I did find a flashlight by Energizer that includes a CCFL in it, but I think I saw somewhere that it only runs something like 7~10 hours on a set of 4 AA's. They're also about $25~30, so I'm not eager to buy one just to tear it apart.

I'm checking the local electronic parts stores, to see if I can get a better idea of how they work, but so far nothing much -- there are only a few things I miss about being in Silicon Valley, the killer e-parts stores are one of them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote