View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #15
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
I started to read this book years ago, but abandoned it very quickly. Since then I have read a couple of other books involving time travel, "The Time Traveler's Wife" and Connie Willis's "To Say Nothing of the Dog", and I loved both of them, so I decided to give "Outlander" another try. This time I abandoned it even earlier.

I have read Gabaldon's "Through the Stones", where she described the way she had written the book, and I thought that was quite fascinating. She obviously got a lot of fun out of writing it, and a friend who enjoyed it described it as "a light-hearted romp". However, I don't normally read romances, and the time travel aspect did not stretch my imagination, the way the other two books did.

Just not for me!
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote