View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
The most rabid anti-smokers I meet are people who used to smoke.
OT, I know, but to be fair, ex-smokers know better than anyone else how bad they can be for their health and general comfort.

I grew up in a household of smokers (mother and 3 out of 4 brothers). I put myself in that "rabid anti-smoker" group because when I moved out I discovered how wonderful it was not to have everything I owned smell like smoke or contain a yellow film of god-knows-what. My brother quit smoking a few years back and still hasn't stopped talking about how much better food tastes.

I do understand how hard it is to quit, so I don't harass people for smoking (I might nudge now and again). I do ask them not to do it in my car or in my home. I was thrilled when the smoking ban went into place in restaurants so I could enjoy my meals without choking on cigarette fumes, even if there were "designated non-smoking areas".
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote