View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Nemo View Post
I can see what you are saying, but at the end of the day it is ordinary readers who will be buying your book. Didn't they have a section on MR somewhere, where you can submit your work for review by other writers?
Not sure about review on MR ... but then that wouldn't be too much different to just putting it up on Smashwords or whatever, it would effectively be public. (There is a writer's circle on the Internet where you can do that sort of thing in relative privacy, I saw a link to it on another thread here recently.) Also other writers are not necessarily going to review in the same way as a professional assessor/editor. My preference is to make the book as good as I can before making it public. To me, once the book goes public it must be effectively frozen - other than fixing typos. It's too late then to rewrite parts that don't work well, or to fix the sort of errors that careful outside study can find. (Unlike the software I write, that I can issue in beta versions, although even with that there are constraints.)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote