View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
chuckz
Enthusiast
chuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watch

Device: none
I think I found some pdf viewing improvements: it is now possible to read pdf (djvu) in landscape mode. Before that pressing the next-page button would throw you to the next page without showing the lower portion of the current page.
(At least that is my experience as I remember when first started using the device. I can't swear on it - since the first disappointment with the landscape I've been reading pdfs with pages cut in half before putting them in iriver Story.)

Unfortunately, zoom is still inactive in the landscape mode - and when I tried to zoom in while in the portrait mode and then switch to the landscape mode, the zoom was scaled accordingly, but alas! it's not possible to move the page up-down, so a portion remains always out of view.

Therefore, their approach is to handle the Adobe Mobile page in the landscape mode strictly by dividing one page in half and showing a half at a time.

In my pocketbook 301, the landscape page is handled flexibly: you can move it up-down by any number of steps required in order to finish reading the entire page (there is a small black box at the bottom of the screen with a white portion moving while you move around the page).

Last edited by chuckz; 02-17-2012 at 02:05 PM.
chuckz is offline   Reply With Quote