View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #27
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Amazon already have an effective monopoly in the UK market, because we lack the strong second place player which B&N occupy in the US. I don't know what Kobo sales are in the UK, but they've got to be tiny compared to Amazon.
I'm not sure either Harry, they are nice machines but plagued with rushed firmware of the month updates, I'd always assumed they were in a reasonable second place here since W H Smiths moved their eBook sales to them. Also the only readers I've seen over here that you can try in a store where the staff actually know about them - might just be the Manchester store where they have clued in staff though

I've seen a fair number of Kobo's in the wild though so they might actually be more popular than we think here (The combination of Smith's and play.com should give them a fairly solid advertising base).
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote