View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #9
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
I convert a lot of PDF to Html to read with µBook on my windows mobile device and I have experimented alot of softwares.

So far my best "recipe" is :

- I purchased Foxit Pdf Editor. Before converting a PDF I do a "cleanup" of all part that are usually messed up by the converter : Editor Logo, Big image (the first page which usually display the cover), index, etc. I remove the blank page and the pages non essential stuff like ISBN that are easily messed up.

- Then I convert with the Free Mobipocket Creator. Best converter I have found so far, and free.

- Finally if the images extracted by Mobipocket Creator are too big (Big image means long waiting time with my 200Mhz phone), I convert then all to a smaller resolution using the batch editor of Photoscape. It's also a freeware.

It takes me about 2-5 min for each PDF depending on the size and complexity.
The result are really good.

If the PDF have a lot of images (the most difficult thing to convert correctly) then I will convert it instead to Rgo. Haven't found yet other converter to a more popular format that works well with images heavy PDF.

Last edited by Faenad; 08-23-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote