View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #406
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
All books are currently displayed unless you STATE you are using a restricted view (you did not, so I assumed you want the pat for ALL of the library )

How good is your SQL ?
'Path' is stored in the Books table
calibredb List --fields=All gets you an output listing file that include the book ID. You can ad a --search to the command to limit the returned items
I like your thinking theducks - my SQL ain't too bad. It pains me to use it, in my soul I'm a Bachmanite, never really embraced the Coddswallop stuff.

OK, my #status column is table custom_column_13 and in there my 72 finalCheck row is id 17. There's another table called books_custom_column_13_link table, a select on value=17 in that table yields the set of books marked 72 finalCheck, a join of the book table on book_id gives me the paths.

It works in the sqlite_database_browser, I'll just need to incorporate it into my powershell script.

But since you posted and I experimented with the sqllite_browser davidfor has come up with what appears to be a better idea, using the Open With plugin.

JimmXinu - I'll keep your idea in reserve, looks simple enough - but it does mean 'learning' python and setting up another dev environment :yawn/yacc:

davidfor - this is the most appealing idea, I sort of forget that plug-ins work on multiple books - all my books have a cover of some sort so I'll push them into the powerscript then it can get hold of the sibling opf, pdf and rtf files.

It also has the advantage that I can use it on a single book - I often make author naming errors because of unfamiliar names, alphabets, languages etc - which I only discover months later.

I'll patch it together 2mora

And what you describe is exactly what I want do - extract the title, author(s), tags etc out of the opf and inject them straight into the XMP encoded metadata in the library copy of the PDF and RTF files. I want the metadata to be available to the relevant IFilters.

Thanks guys - fantastic ideas.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-09-2012 at 05:56 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote