Thread: ANN: Navigator
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Hi Iņigo,

Great work. I'm tempted to make this my default navigator, because I like the small font a lot.

I can only think of 3 suggestions for small improvements:
- make the sorting case-insensitive
- fix the bug where if there's an '&' in the directory path, the directory and any subdirectories won't be shown in the full path at the top of the screen (i.e. "SDCARD/Books/SC & E/Java" shows up as "SDCARD/Books")
- (if not too much work) use partial refreshes for selection
Ok, in the first post there is a new package with issue #2 fixed and built with case-insensitive sorting by default (#1). Later I will add an option in the preferences.

Regarding partial refreshes (#3), I don't know how to achieve it.
In my DR800, moving cursor makes a partial refresh or a complete screen refresh randomly. It should be handled by IREX patched gtk+ libs automatically. IREX docs says that the refresh engine would make the proper action depending on the "size of the updated portion of the screen" (sic).

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote