View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Okay, time for Criticism 101: This is not how you do it. Telling me the examples "suxors" doesn't help me improve them at all- give details. Preferrably something like "I didn't understand this example here, because...", otherwise I just won't change anything, because I honestly don't know what to change after your thoughtful input.

Just to clarify- I had no part in creating or maintaining Calibre. About the only thing I contributed is forum time, one icon and some translation strings.
Did you see me quote your post in the thread? No I didn't... I just spoke in general that there needs to be a sticky with more about regex with better examples and people can post their own to it, because the general consensus is the manual does blow chunks in that area. Also I wasn't thanking you for the creation of calibre, but we are in a calibre forums in which the developers do frequent so a thanks went out to them! So they understand that all though I feel the manual needs work I do greatly appreciate the software.

And people that use the word honestly in their wording for example, "because I honestly don't know what to change after your thoughtful input." Imply that they haven't been honest before.

So the only thing I can see that you accomplished with you quoting my post was a successful troll.

Now as far as the manual. If you wrote the examples in it then you need to go back to the drawing board. There are very few example and most are not used in a way that it would be used in calibre.

I know this because I have been through it plus a dozen other sites and forums scouring them for regex that would be useful in calibre. Cheers!

Last edited by penguinaka; 06-10-2011 at 02:45 AM.
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote