View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
4h a day for a week is equivalent to 30m a day for 8 weeks, which is precisely what Amazon claim. I'm not sure, therefore, what the reason is for the comment that it's "not all it's cracked up to be"?
My main point was that my PW does not last as long as my previous devices under similar usage. The "not all its cracked up to be" remark was oriented toward the fact that the Amazon's marketing is somewhat deceptive. Yes, if you read the fine print disclaimer, they are technically stating the truth, but most consumers come away from the ad with an impression that the battery life is substantially improved, which is not the case. They are only measuring it differently.

I am not bashing the device, and am in fact very pleased with it overall. I was just trying to temper the OP's impression that the battery life is dramatically greater than other/earlier similar devices. In reality it is approximately the same.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote