View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #236
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Thumbs down One more thumbs-down replacement

Today my replacement arrived, in the same black PW box as my original. While it does not contain obvious blotches of different colors, the entire screen is.... GREEN! With less contrast to boot. It's like trying to read on a Day-Glo watch. Well, with lesser intensity of course. I wonder if this display was meant to go to Timex? Seriously, I had two objective friends take a first look at this replacement, without giving them any information, and asked what they thought of Amazon's new KPW. One said, "Why would they use a green background?" Then I displayed the original and they really were shocked at the obvious difference. Interestingly, when turned off and only the screen savers displayed, the replacement is indeed green in comparison.

Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed. Unless my original should magically improve, I will send them both back and stick with my Nexus 7 when I need light and continue using the KT and DXG for the bulk of my reading. On order is another PW intended as a gift but I may cancel it now. This is the worst QC I have seen coming from Amazon. Shameful, really.

Last edited by Skydog; 10-09-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote