View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #204
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgoulde View Post
Lots of good arguements here and justified frustration but it didn't impact on me what the result of artificial low rating would be until I was looking for books (audio format) recently and passed on a very good book because of it's low ratings. Luckily someone recommended the book to me later and I bought it and it turned out to be one of the best books I'd read recently. In reviewing all of the ratings several people posted that the delay was why they rated it low. Seems like artificially twisting the ratings hurts readers (as well as authors) as much as publishers - sort of cutting off our nose to spite our face.
an interesting point--I tend to read the reviews to see why they are rated 5 or 1, so ratings of 1 for "delay of book" don't affect my purchase decision. That's if I make it past the price, of course.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote