View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #48
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
I got the battery from the EBay seller, uk-powerking, he's still got loads for sale. Fitted the battery without problems (it is physically slightly smaller than the original), attached pic1 with it installed. So far no problems but I'll let you know how I get on with it over time. Once I know it is OK I'll update the other two PRS-500s we have.

Just some more information on opening the case. The side silver panels are the trickiest (without breaking them), I've attached pic2 to show them. The one without the SD slot will come off from the bottom, after removing the single screw on the back, lifting it from the bottom, it should then clip off with a bit of wiggling, be careful you don't bend it too much. The other panel is trickier, lift it slightly from the SD slot and you'll see the top part has a lip, pull a bit more from the middle while wiggling and it should come off. The bottom part also has a lip unlike the other side panel.

The battery itself is in a little metal compartment with two screws. Simply unscrew that and you can pull the battery's wire from the motherboard easily. The battery is stuck to the little compartment with sticky tape. Simply pull it out and put the new battery in with some double sided sticky tape. Plug it in. Put the unit back together, I think the black screws are all the same size. I put it all back together without any scratches.

Details on the replacement battery are as follows:
Model No: CS-PRD500SL
Part No: L1-756-769-11
8704A41918
LIS1382(J)
Capacity: 750mAh
Volts: 3.7V
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.jpg
Views:	1266
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	16659   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	16660  

Last edited by FangornUK; 09-29-2008 at 02:14 PM.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote