View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #19
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I lived in LA for a few years, and I immediately started to suspect there was something a little off with the environmental rules when my 8 year old Chevy with federal emissions system, never having had a tuneup and having just driven 3000 miles across country to get there, passed the smog test with results better than the California emissions requirements.
In my experience, you're more likely to have a brand new car fresh off the showroom fail, actually. But the requirements aren't all that onerous, and newer cars don't really need tune-ups when they have fuel injection and electronic ignition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
The hazardous chemical labeling laws are funny, too.
Prop 65 is a whole ocean of stupid all its own. (All natural peanut butter, literally nothing in it but peanuts, requires a warning. Most retailers just have a sign on the front door that says "this building contains stuff that might cause cancer.")
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote