View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #106
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
I meant it was weird it had no indents - from a major publisher, HarperCollins. Bah.

ETA: I'm reading this one now, Puppets by Daniel Hecht for $1.99. Really good book, good writing, grabs you from the start, but the formatting issues are terrible. Words run together or split up in weird ways. It took me a minute to figure out that "as allow-faced jerk" was supposed to be "a sallow-faced jerk." "someone else would be Anthe second floor." Okayyyy. These are every few pages. Really ruining it. Publisher is Bloomsbury USA. I have some of their other books, and I hope they're not all like that.
That's typical of some PDF-to-mobi conversion tools. I see it all the time in review copies, since many of the publisher email the PDFs to a Kindle account and force conversion.

Since the book is out of print, I suspect it is self-pubbed, with the paper publisher added by the author into DTP.

I wish Amazon would flag all KDP entries, rather than allow anything to be entered into the publisher field. I would expect something actually published by Bloomsbury to have been checked a bit more closely.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote