View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Gfinch
Junky
Gfinch is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 and REB-1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
If you have a large collection of books, I would look at which device allows the easiest conversion i.e. One step two, three etc It may be as easy as emailing them to Amazon for conversion or Just One click in Calibre. What you do not want to run into is converting to one format just to get it in a format that can be converted again for your device.

What Format are most of your books??

JJ
All books have been converted to rocket format. Some were converted from .lit and html. Maybe 300 to 400 in this format. Another few hundred in pure .rb format but all can be redownloaded in mobipocket from Baen's website.

I like the ease of purchase and pricing on the Kindle, but most of my reading will be done in the bed on my side and the design does not look friendly to one handed reading. My apologies to the kindleites but it is also Fugly. That really doesn't matter to me but they could have done better.

I lean more towards the sony for a better screen and conversion ease but can someone tell me can you hold that in your left hand and not have to use your right hand to effect a page turn.

I have to decide tonight and order or wait another month. Thanks for your help everyone.
Gfinch is offline   Reply With Quote