View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
In this occasion apple appears following the tune set by Amazon, the first to produce the seven inch tablet.
You might want to qualify as the first to produce a 'popular' seven inch tablet. I think the Archos range, the Nook Color, the original Samsung Tab, the Blackberry PlayBook, the HTC Flyer, and probably all sorts of cheap 7" Androids were produced before the Fire.

However, just so I've got this straight, are you suggesting that a more radical approach from Apple would have been to have released something like a 12" tablet (which would be great for PDFs and magazines)?

It would be nice to see this pulled off if the device can be kept thin and light. To be honest, I'd be happy to sacrifice battery life and speed for weight here.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 10-25-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: forgot the PlayBook.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote