Thread: Bible Framework
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:25 AM   #24
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Then you need to remove the line "This file is free from copyright", since that evidently is not your intention. If something is free from copyright, it is in the public domain, and anyone can do anything with a public domain work, including resell it.
The issue is, what stops someone from copyrighting a public domain creation?
I think it would make a nice conversation on mobileread, to give easy step by step instructions, and/or easy access to link a work to public domain, or to some form of protected status. I don't mind anyone using or modifying it.
I don't mind anyone creating their own works around it.
I do think it's fair, if someone is receiving money from it, to pay royalties to the sources, and in this case does not have to be me, but a part of the profit to perhaps mobileread to keep the servers running, or other goodwill organization (although I will never say no to someone wanting to donate some money to a man such as myself )
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote