View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Summary then is as follows:
  • USA - buy kindle or nook and use free 3G connection.
  • Rest of world - buy an ereader that supports wifi and pay for wifi in coffee shops etc. Buy an ereader that supports bluetooth and use a phone that can give you data access over bluetooth with a suitable subscription to pay for it all.
  • alternatively don't bother and just keep reading your ebook.
Speed of ereaders isn't really an issue - if they can browse over a wifi network then they can browse over any other type of network. Screen refresh rate will be annoying but I guess that will improve over time. I assume intermediary servers will give faster / more text based access to popular web pages.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote