Thread: iPad ePub transfer Question
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #43
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
The original point was why I blamed Apple for adding another DRM scheme and was told the blame should be put on Adobe. I'm just explaining why personally I blame Apple. As mentioned already, Apple put their own business decision above what I consider a better solution to the customer.

I agree that they are a company and money comes first but still doesn't change my mind that I blame them. Placing blame on Adobe for the similar belief is also a valid one, for they are not giving it away for companies to use. However, I would souly blame Apple if the reason they went in house with their DRM is because of their squabble with Adobe. If the cost of implementing Adobe's DRM is 'pocket change' to them, then there really isn't a reason for them not to do what is better for the customer.

I guess at the end I'll blame both for not doing what is better for the consumer and throw in the pubishers as well since they insist on having DRM.
If you want to place blame for this mess the group that established epub without standardizing on a drm layer would seem to be the place. Lack of an integrated drm strategy is what is creating this mess of what is supposed to be a "standard".
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote