Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #142
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Well, if it's not the ebooks or the batteries, and assuming identical hardware, then it sure sounds like firmware or OS.
I've suspected firmware from the outset, but the problem is we can't discount the other factors because we have no real way of knowing - and that's the real problem.

For example, there are two Touch versions that we know of that are ostensibly the same yet require different firmware. We know of this not from Kobo but from feedback in the forums here which was tacitly "confirmed" by Kobo recommending that future updates be conducted using the desktop software. So what if there are yet further minor revision changes in the new hardware such that whilst they share a common firmware, some units will manifest a power bug not seen on others? Only Kobo know for sure and they aren't exactly being forthcoming.

Rather than speculate further I'd simply like to know what outcome is likely as my RMA window is shrinking. Is this problem deemed resolvable by a future firmware fix, or should I return it?
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote