View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #220
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K3 3G
It's strange because slowdown only happens sometimes with the same game. First time I played Race Days, there was slow down. Played again last night and it seemed fine. I'll checkout htop as suggested.

Do you think this app will ever be on par with the Nook efforts? I read GeekMaster mention it should be possible, although more difficult.

Can you list those 20 titles please twobob? I'm trying to come up with a list of my own but it's taking longer than expected, as whenever I come across a game that works well, testing then becomes a little extended shall we say. Maybe I should have avoided this app, as I'll be gaming more than reading (again!).

Here's what I have so far.

By golly, it works!
Spoiler:

Asteroids
Baseball
Battleship
Bomberman
Chase HQ
Choplifter II
F1 Pole Position
Harvest Moon
Kwirk
Legend of Zelda TLA
Mario Golf
Race Days
Street Fighter II
Tetris

As we all know, games the scroll sideways is a no no for the e-ink, so you can practically rule all of them out. Surprisingly though, racing games work quite well. I first thought that they wouldn't because of the fast moving environment, but because the road is white, there is nothing for the e-ink to update, and of course your vehicle only moves left and right from time to time over a small amount of the screen.

Any racing games where you see the vehicle from behind should play well (if road is white), and that should be the same for any top down racers, although Micro Machines is a mess, very blurry due to the business of the graphics.
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote