View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #91
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would answer "it depends on the book". A book like "Pride and Prejudice" without love scenes (love scenes - not graphic sex) would be meaningless. Love scenes in a hard SF novel are probably irrelevant.
Harry... I'm surprised at you! Suggesting that SF characters can't have legitimate feelings that can be impacted by others, and that a sex scene can't play a legitimate part of that! You've been in that Dalek shell too long, mate!

I've read plenty of SF that has had well-placed sex scenes that were clear parts of the characters' development (in fact, I wrote a few of them myself). I see nothing wrong with them. As an aside, I can enjoy them too, even if they aren't absolutely essential to the story. So bring 'em on, and please don't read over my shoulder unless I know you very well...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote