View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #35
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I had a Kobo before, an old one, I switched to a Kindle 3G, not the PW (two years ago), mostly because of the 3G of the Kindle I use very often. I buy only from Amazon, and so now I don't feel the need to archive the books anymore. I buy them, I read them, I archive them. And I can do this anywhere, even without a wifi connection. And I an download them again if I need. So I just keep on my Kindle the books I'm currently reading and the ones I will read soon.

On my Kindle I bought the cover with the integrated light. Very handy (remember, this is not a PW).

And the 3G is very useful as well, as I read a lot of English books (I'm french) so sometimes I use the integrated dictionary to find a word (no 3G needed) but sometimes this is not enough so I use the bing translator, and THIS uses 3G.

The 3G is very handy as well because I have the Kindle app on my smartphone, and with 3G the Kindle sync the bookmark anywhere so when I have forgotten my Kindle I can continue my reading on my smartphone.

Amazon also has a daily promotion of some books I use sometimes, and I am an Amazon premium subscriber so I borrow a book per month. Dunno if Kobo has those kind of things.

So this is why I have a Kindle, this is why I bought the 3G version. Now I Wonder if I'll switch to the PW version or not...
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote