Thread: Seriousness Home Architecture
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Yeah, what you said! I love the character, the outside, and the woodwork in older homes, but I don't like the little chopped up rooms that you often see with an older house.
Yeah, the small rooms make things difficult at holidays and other times when you have lots of guests over, but in our very open floorplan in the barn, I do wish I had at least one small room away from the larger living space, nice and cozy, to do my reading or just have some quite time alone. (And for me the bathroom just doesn't cut it! That's right! I knew you were thinking it! )

For me sometimes all of the activity in the larger spaces going on at the same time can be very distracting. There will probably be such a room when we are finished, but who knows when that'll happen. Our floorplan in the unfinished areas continues to change and evolve over time. I remember the first house we completely renovated, the laundry was in three different places before it found it's final resting place!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote