View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
Ugly Cover Pages - My workaround

Hi

don't know why amazon does this, or what is causing this, but if I buy a kindle book, the cover page on my kindle looks almost always ugly - if I send the same book to my kindle4PC, then it shows the "original" cover (color of course).

I searched for a way of changing the cover page shown on the kindle, so that at least it shows the greyscale version of the colored one in k4pc.

And here's my workaround: I use the mobi2mobiGUI to change the cover (you can find the suitable sized jpgs with google etc.), and then copy the modified file to my kindle (overwriting the old file) - so far I didn't experience any problems.

Has anyone else noticed this, or found another way? Or even found out why amazon does so?

Greets,
Pascal
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote