View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
Vespa
Vespa will become famous soon enoughVespa will become famous soon enoughVespa will become famous soon enoughVespa will become famous soon enoughVespa will become famous soon enoughVespa will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
Great series, certainly one of the top SFF stories in several years in my opinion. I love the fact that there is no sentimentality as far as its designated heroes are concerned, since they die off like flies. Like you say; fantasy for grown-ups.

The considerable downside to it, however, is that Martin may never finish it, having contracted a severe case of writer's block.
Ya lots of fans down on him about the slow time to the next book. Maybe its his health. I mean, the guy obviously doesn't jog every day and probably doesn't mind his veggie intake. What's with his obsession with 'suckling pig'? Tyrion's favorite snack?

I do love the guy's writing. I remember reading A Song For Lya a very long time ago and didn't realize it was him until I read the Dreamsongs books.

My best guess is that he's tackling the last three books all at once. I assume he'll retire at some point, esp. if the HBO series goes well ($$$). I can't even imagine the outlines he builds for these books before he even writes. I picture a room dedicated in his house just for Westeros family trees written over every wall with small notes next to characters he will include or reference. I cut him some serious slack.

Last edited by Vespa; 06-14-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Vespa is offline   Reply With Quote