View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #42
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Beignets at the Café du Monde in the French Quarter in New Orleans.
Oh! I loved beignets at Cafe du Monde! My girlfriends and I took a trip to New Orleans for our 40th birthdays! That was seven years ago, before Katrina devastated the area. Brings back fond memories and made turning 40 not so bad!

I remember that the beignets reminded me of something my grandma from Italy always made called sphinges (sp?) pronounced spheengees). I think that is Italian for little turkeys or chickens, though I'm not sure about that-- it was a long time ago. because that is what they looked like after dropping spoonfuls of batter into the deep fryer. It was fun to watch as they formed into their crazy little shapes and even better when they were covered with powdered sugar and eaten right away!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote