View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #1669
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@meme:

Yeah, the Kindle model detection via S/N should be solid, Calibre already does something like it in the Catalog creation code (which is where I finally got the hint on how to do it ;p).

We agree on the sort thing, I see... . It's a pain, but it's so different from the previous models, and that bugged me, so... Speaking of it, I updated the patch, I had forgotten the whitespace character (even if the vanilla UI won't let you input a collection name with a leading whitespace, the backend seems to handle those fine...).

The only things I'm not sure about are if I handled the added configuration key correctly (currently the user has to manually 'save' the settings once for it to appear in config files, not sure if it won't blow up if someone runs a create/preview without the key in the settings...), and if the unicode chars in the Touch sort order might cause encoding trouble...