View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
Jafo
Enthusiast
Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo (original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Desperate times call for desperate measures
First I would check that the file is on the Kobo using OS (Windows my computer etc.)and that it is the correct format(epub?)
Then exit calibre and see if it is still there (before disconnecting Kobo)
Not sure what to do next but might help to know when it is disappearing>
Optionally you could add the book using the Kobo software and see if that works.
Helen
Thanks for the help. I dragged and dropped the epub to Calibre, connected the Kobo, hit Send to Device and confirmed it was on the Kobo. Then I opened file explorer and confirmed it is in the file list on the Kobo. I shut down Calibre and the file remained in the file list in file explorer. I shut down file explorer and restarted it, the epub file remained in the list in file explorer. Then I disconnected the Kobo and the book was not on it. I reconnected it to the computer (with Calibre closed) and the file is still in the file list in file explorer. I then opened Calibre and Calibre shows the book in the library but not on the Kobo. File explorer still shows the epub on the Kobo in the file list.
I hope I'm not missing something simple here after all this time!
By the way, this is not the first time it happened but last time it happened I just let it go without trying to fix it.
Thanks!
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote