View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not certain what determines the nested Front Matter--perhaps guide entries?? I just know it doesn't happen on all books. Most of the time, with the generic ones I build, I see "Beginning", "Cover," and "End"... with my NCX (my fully intact NCX) falling between "Cover" and "End."

Off hand... I'd say all the standard epub guide entries from the OPF (minus the cover and start/text entries) are all collapsed under the Front Matter heading. Have to do some testing, I guess. "Beginning" is clearly the start/text guide item and "End" is the "Before You Go" Amazon addition.

Sorry for the slightly less than ecstatic revelation, Hitch.

EDIT: Well some quick testing rules out my OPF guide-item guess. Back to the drawing-board.
Yeah, that much, I could have told you. In the book I just checked (frontmatter listed in previous post), the named Guide items are the Start page (text), the copyright page and the Title page. Now...I suppose, in theory, that KDP could have extrapolated that everything between the first of those and the last was "frontmatter," but we've had some clients that demand this stuff display on the GoTo, but be at the back of the book. That would be interesting.

Amazon, Amazon...how I love thee, but how you make-a me crazy. (Anyone else here wrestling with the ubiquitous image-size issues brought on by the HD devices? UURRURUGHGHGHGHGH!).

(And don't get me started about Apple's image-display bug if an image in a div appears at the top of a landscape-turned page, wherein the text overwrites the image as if it doesn't "see" the div. Please don't give me links to Liz' post; she's clearly not dealing with that buggy issue, because we use her coding, or at least, we've TRIED to. Works fine until you rotate the damned book.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote