View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Downside to having two collections?

I am thinking of splitting my PDFs into a separate Calibre library because the file sizes are so huge that it's maxing out my Dropbox storage. If I had a second library not located in Dropbox then I could still make use of Calibre's sorting and tagging etc. but store the files locally (and back up to a storage drive). This would be more work because Dropbox is so seamless for me, but since my PDF collection is growing (mostly old magazines I am scanning in) it has become a necessary step.

Is there any downside to this plan? Are there potential issues I am not thinking about in having two Calibre libraries?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote