View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
J D Robb's (aka Nora Roberts') in Death series, narrated by Susan Erickson. The only real complaint from people I hear (from those who otherwise enjoy the sci-fi light and mystery aspects) is that each book tends to contain at least 2-3 sex scenes. I have to admit, if I'm sitting on the patio with the audiobook playing (not using headphones) I've had to grab it suddenly if the neighbors are around.

There is also occasionally a gratuitous amount of cursing. I grew up in a house with 4 brothers, I don't really care about cursing - have to curb myself regularly from using it at work. But there was a point in time the author complained online that in books signings some of her readers were getting rather annoying with their comments about cursing - so in the next book she wrote, she included a scene where an angry cop uses variations of f-ck approximately 15 times in a single paragraph. (It was actually pretty funny, but again, something I have to think about when listening out-of-doors).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote