View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #36
Zebedi
Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.

Device: IPad Pro 12.9, 10.5, IPhone SE
Firstly thanks to all for all for the time and effort spent on this problem

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with Calibre 2.7 64 bit.

I followed the instructions and copied over the dll's and wonder of wonders it worked. I started to copy over my books to Marvin - no trouble at all. Then as I was adding the last 29, I got a message - Error communicating with device and the following

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 502, in _books
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 285, in books
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 2352, in _restore_from_snapshot
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 2328, in _validate_mainDb_profile
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 1579, in _compare_mainDb_profiles
File "C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_k7gjrt \omqnpb_ios_local_db\Marvin_overlays.py", line 2109, in _profile_db
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I reinstalled 2.7 but no joy.

Having had it working for half an hour it is very frustrating and confusing.

Also when I try to customise the plugin to check if it is still linked to Marvin I get an error message - Import error no module name PyQt4

If i leave the ipad connected windows just keeps telling me that an ios device is attached but calibre says error communicating with device.

Thanks for your help
Zebedi is offline   Reply With Quote