View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #23
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
...I am not going to be thrilled with switching because I have bought a good number of apps.
That is the *long-term* threat Apple faces: people who commit to Android or WinPhone will be equally wedded to their investment in applications.
Short-term, Apple still has the larger installed base of devices and the bigger app catalog and they will likely *always* have the bigger profit margins so they aren't going away any time soon.

But if this goes on long enough, the pool of featurephone and basic phone users from which the overall smartphone market draws its growth is going to shrink and the installed base that is locked-in by the existing platforms will become critical.

I would suggest that the growth of the smartphone market as a fraction of the overall phone market is sooner or later going to hit a wall and when it does shipment market share isn't just going to be a matter of bragging rights.