Thread: Classic Touch Screen Page Turner
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #23
LynnO
LynnO is on a distinguished road

Device: nook, color nook, droid 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by :D ominik View Post
1. It's a capacitive touchscreen. This type of touchscreen needs (electroconductive) skin contact to the case for proper operation. Place an iPhone on a table and try to use the touchscreen without contact to the case. Will it work as usual? No.

3. B&N has done a good job to place strong limits on the range of valid gestures. A capacitive touchscreen is extremely sensitive. Without these strong limits people would claim they get noumerous faulty activations. And of course it would not be possible to hold the nook in the bottom area, placing the thumb on the touchscreen.
Hmm, my nook swipe works when it laying on the bed and I'm not holding it, and while it is sitting on something else while I'm reading. - My reading vision is super duper bad, so sometimes when I'm reading just for a minute and don't have my reading glasses, I'll set it on something a bit away from me.

As for 3.-- the nook seldom does something I didn't want it to (except while shopping the bn store from my nook) and if does, it is usually something I told it to do by accident.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote